Texts and links for legal material and further discussion for Hasbara specialists
- Article 25 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, with link [for legal specialists only].
- Israel's Notice of Closure was issued in January 2009: http://info.mot.gov.il/EN/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124:no12009&catid=17:noticetomariners&Itemid=12?
- Discussion : http://www.redstate.com/jeffdunetz/2010/05/31/was-israels-boarding-of-the-gaza-flotilla-a-violation-of-international-law/
Rights of protection of the coastal State
- 1. The coastal State may take the necessary steps in its territorial sea to prevent passage which is not innocent.
- 2. In the case of ships proceeding to internal waters or a call at a port facility outside internal waters, the coastal State also has the right to take the necessary steps to prevent any breach of the conditions to which admission of those ships to internal waters or such a call is subject.
- 3. The coastal State may, without discrimination in form or in fact among foreign ships, suspend temporarily in specified areas of its territorial sea the innocent passage of foreign ships if sucs on thh suspension is essential for the protection of its security, including weapons exercises. Such suspension shall take effect only after having been duly published.