May 8 , 2012
The US foils a plot by al-Qaeda in Yemen to
detonate an upgraded version of the
failed 2009 "underwear bomb", American
- Panetta urges vigilance Watch
- Detroit underwear bomb simulation Watch
- Is al-Qaeda gaining ground in Yemen?
- Underwear bomber given life term
- Al-Qaeda leader killed in Yemen
Special report on the challenge to the Assad
regime and its regional implications
Socialist Francois Hollande is elected as
France's new president, early estimates say,
in a vote with wide implications for the eurozone.